Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl is having a party!
I want to come too! But I have to satisfy a couple of requirements first: 1. Think about what I want to accomplish with my blog and quilting next year. 2. Write about those goals. 3. Link up to the party. 4. Work on my goals. The first three are easy; the fourth finds life sometimes getting in the way.
Tu-Na’s 2017 Quilting and Blogging Goals
My Blogging Goals for 2017
- Continue to write interesting posts. Hopefully, I can get one to two posts written per week. Whether or not my readers find them interesting or not is the real question.
- Continue to seek sources of new blogging material. Right now I have lots of ideas for posts and several half-started posts to finish. The story behind the plus quilt is top on my list to finish.
- Participate in the New Quilt Bloggers Hop again.
- Continue to read my old favorite blogs and find some new ones.
My Quilting Goals for 2017
- Keep up with the online quilting bees that I’ve joined.
- Design another block or two.
- Join in a Quilt-a-long. I’m not sure which one so I’m open to suggestions.
- Finish some quilts: Modernitional Bear Paw Quilt (it’s close to done),
bind my nine-patch (only been waiting 2 years because it’s for me and I let other projects take precedence), white/black and yellow using The Candy Store pattern, Tu-Na Helper’s much deserved quilt using the Quilt MN Shop Hop fabric, my grandson’s minecraft quilt, and 1930s repro applecore.
- Start some new projects: hot air balloons, pillows for my AZ house,
- Try a new technique: English Paper Piecing.
- Keep working on my ongoing projects and events: continue working on my 1.5″ postage stamp and blog about progress on it, quilt with my mom and sisters,
- Start and complete training on the longarm quilting machine available in my Arizona housing development.
- Find some new quilt shops to visit, possibly through another state shop hop.
That’s a good start on my list of goals. It’ll help keep me focused.
What I Learned Today:
- My days are way too short to accomplish all that I want.
- I need to work in my sleep to finish it all up.
- Really, my goals with blogging and quilting are to enjoy it, learn something new in the process, and make some beautiful quilts for others.
Question: What’s your goal for today? Will you accomplish it?
That’s a lot of goals, but you are so motivated I’m sure you will so well. Maybe I should have joined you in doing a few posts at once, I do them week by week, which is probably why I miss the occasional one.
Good luck with your goals. Wow, your housing development has a long arm quilting machine! That is a really great place to live!
my goal today is to finish the applique on a tea cozy meant to be a Christmas present and if not today then tomorrow – get it finished!!
Inspiring! Your modern bear paw quilt is marvelous!
I so enjoy your posts. Your plans are great and very doable for 2017. Hope Tu Na Helper buys in on the shop hop(s) coming your way. Merry Christmas
Remember , Karen, you are retired! Take time to smell the roses!
Good goals. I finished the last gift on Saturday and realized I have two weeks left in the year to work on finishing an item on my 2016 list. Where in AZ are you? We are planning a trip to Tucson in Jan or Feb. Merry Christmas
Not only did I enjoy reading about your goals, but I really liked what you learned and took away from the process as well. I hope that you have a joyous and wonderful 2017, and thanks so much for linking up!
By your list it looks as if you have another magnificent year of blogging and sewing scheduled for yourself =) The bear paw quilt turned out just darling. The mere thought of making a postage stamp quilt gives me headaches but I am sure looking forward to seeing you making progress with yours.
An enjoyable goal setting post. I hope you continue to have fun in 2017 and tell us all about it.
Wow that’s an impressive list. Can’t wait to see how it all goes 🙂
Wishing you much success in your 2017 Goals!
Good luck with your goals for 2017, you’ve got some challenging ones and some fun ones. A good mix.