Welcome to the second block release for today for the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long. You can find my version of Block Three, Santa’s Belt, here. I’m just getting started and have some catching up to do so come along and join me as we explore some new patterns and blogs together.
Block 4 designed by Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter
Jennifer’s titled her block “Christmas Memories.” It’s a gorgeous block of Christmas ornaments and you’ll have to pop over to her blog here to get your free copy.
I thought I’d share a memory about two of our tree ornaments. Many years ago, before we had children, my husband and I lived near Washington D.C. We would be spending our first Christmas by ourselves away from our families. I called and asked my mother-in-law to send a favorite tree ornament that would remind my husband of his home and his childhood Christmas memories.
I also talked to my mom and asked her to mail mine. I had the advantage as I knew just which one.
We celebrated that Christmas by ourselves but we still hang these ornaments on our tree every year.
Now onto Jennifer’s block. Here’s as far as I got.
Please see Jennifer’s blog here for the free pattern and tutorial so you can make one, too. I’ll be working on mine and as soon as it’s finished I’ll be posting some tips and tricks to putting this one together here on my blog and also on the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long Facebook page. It’s the best I can do for now as we have a printer that won’t work and I’ve been very busy petting some new fabric!
Update: I’ve now completed this block and you can see it here. FYI-I only used two of the fabrics above.
Jennifer is offering a 20% discount off all her patterns (PDF or printed) in her online store beginning August 29th and running through September 30th. You must enter the promo code MERRYQAL20 at checkout to get the discount.
Block 4 Christmas Memories designed by Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter
Be sure and visit our other designers and hosts to see their version of Jennifer’s block, Christmas Memories.
- Pretty Piney
- Sparkle On
- JANDA Bend Quilts
- Snowy Days Quilting
- The Inquiring Quilter This is our block designer’s blog so head over here to get your free pattern and sew one up. Once finished you can post a picture on the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long Facebook page or at the linky party. I hear there are prizes.
- Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats (Thanks for stopping by. I will continue to work on this block and post about it as soon as it is finished in a separate post and on the I Wish You a Merry Quilt-A-Long Facebook page).
- Kathleen McMusing
- Slice of Pi Quilts
- Sandra Healy Designs
- SandyStar Designs
- Powered by Quilting
- Alice Samuel’s Quilt Co.
- Quilt in Piece
What I Learned Today:
- My fake pine trees by my fireplace need dusting.
- I need to make a trip to the fabric store to get some transfer photo fabric for another project and also fusible webbing for this applique project. Good grief. I should have been looking for those in the 66 quilt shops that we visited!
Question: Do you have a special ornament that you hang on your Christmas tree? I shared mine above. My sister made the nativity out of a walnut shell. I’ll have to post a picture of that when I have my block made as it’s also a favorite of mine.
- Tu-Na Helper’s Side of the 2017 Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop
- A Look at the Loot that I acquired or purchased on that shop hop
Welcome: I’m glad you stopped by on the quilt-a-long. I hope you’ll be back. If you like what you read and want to make sure you don’t miss any posts, please follow me by subscribing by email, WordPress or Bloglovin.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
Midweek Makers at QuiltFabrication
WIPs at Silly Mama Quilts
Let’s Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter