Tish, who blogs at Tish’s Adventure in Wonderland, has begun a project to help us get our UFO’s to completion.
Since I previously said that 2018 was going to be the year of finishes rather than new project starts, it seems natural to join Tish for some added encouragement. Plus, it’s nice to have cheerleaders and coaches urging one to move forward, to reach higher, to cross the finish line. Besides, I got to meet Tish in person in October at the Quilt Blogger’s Retreat in Ohio and I know that she’ll make a great coach.
My list of UFO’s that I’ve started and need to finish:
- The Elephant Quilt because that baby has now had her first birthday and needs her quilt.
- The I Wish You A Merry Quilt-A-Long quilt
- The Poodle Quilt
- The Cheerio or Lifesaver Quilt. I can’t even settle on a name for it.
- The Orange Peel Quilt (using the Wanta Fanta pattern)
- Minecraft Quilt for my grandson. This is a gift I was hoping to finish by Christmas this year but now I’m hoping for a birthday finish.
- My Postage Stamp quilt has been a UFO for a couple of years already but this one will still take me a few more years yet to get it finished. I’ve got thousands of 1.5″ squares cut and many of them sewn into small blocks but nothing further than that. I still need to cut a few thousand more squares. I will put it on my list just so it doesn’t get forgotten.
While I’ve got more UFOs, I really want to move the top six to the done pile. There probably will be other new projects started anyway. In fact, I can think of at least two that need to get started and finished before summer ends. Well, make that three. Ok. Four.
What I Learned Today:
- I like to start new projects.
- Simple things seem to stall my projects (seams needing ripping) and indecisiveness such as should I add borders or not or should I presoak or which colors should I use.
- I’ve got lots of ideas for lots of new quilts that I just have to make.
- I can’t say “no” to starting a new project.
Question: What UFO will you move along to a finish this year?
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
Quilty Confessions: UFO Addition at Tish’s Adventure in Wonderland
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilt
Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter