I’ve completed this table topper. It was done in time to be entered into the quilt show sponsored by my village’s quilting group earlier this month. It is also one of my goals for the 2018 Finish-A-Long and was listed on my goal post here.
This was a class offered by my AZ sewing group. It was fun to make and included my first ever yo-yo. (Update: The pattern is Less Than Traditional, Flowers and More Flowers Book #3, Fun Projects by Charlie, from Quilters Haven. You can find the info here. Be sure to order the Starter Set, too).
My friend, Colleen, offered me a private yo-yo class. She was a great teacher. The wonderful glass of wine helped, too.
I sewed this topper with my Little Red Bernina. The fabric came from my stash and I used Aurifil thread to quilt it.
What I Learned Today:
- 4:30 AM comes early. We’ve had company and she needed to get to the airport early to head back to the land of ice and snow. It was fun and we enjoyed all the hikes.
- One doesn’t work up too much of a sweat from hiking by sitting in the recliner looking at pictures of a hike.
- A hiker was rescued on a local trail and evacuated by helicopter. She started the hike wearing flip flops (or what I knew as thongs when I was young and wrote about on my purple thang story here) but was found barefoot; she had hid her flip flops and her purse under a bush somewhere on the trail so she could climb the rocks easier. She was also alone and didn’t have water. Hmmm! Even I know better than that.
- I did not know that hiker. Just thought I should clarify.
- My Little Red Bernina feels too small of a machine.
- I want to sew faster than it can.
- I just might be shopping for a larger machine to take to class but then it might not fit into the amazing rolling tote I found at Goodwill.
Question: Have you hiked and where? Tu-Na Helper and I have done a lot of hiking but some might only call them walks.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilt
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIFF at Cheeky Cognoscenti
Show off Saturday at Sew Can She