I’m planning on linking each Thursday to the I Like Thursday Parties hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color. There are so many things I like but I want to keep my posts shorter so I’ll focus on one thing that I really like for each of those posts. Look for my “I Like” posts each Thursday.
- I like shopping at thrift stores!
I like—I mean I really like—to shop at thrift stores. I’ve outfitted most of my Arizona kitchen with quality finds from the many thrift stores around here. The Phoenix metro area has over 75 Goodwill stores alone. I haven’t been to all of them yet but I’m working on it.
Besides, Goodwill, there are many other thrift stores, too. In fact, I live within 25 thrift stores in a 10 mile radius of my house.
My husband shares my joy and we’d rather snoop around a thrift store than go to a movie.
He shops for Hawaiian shirts and I shop for things I need, some things I don’t, and that one thing that keeps eluding me—not sure what it is but as soon as I find it I’ll be able to stop shopping.
Up until recently, I have never found any good quilting fabric at a thrift shop. And then it happened—all these quilty finds found all in one day. Now I can hardly wait to get out again.
What I Learned Today:
- I love a good deal. I mean I REALLY LOVE A GOOD DEAL. That’s why I like half-price days.
- I am still shopping for that one thing I really need/want but really don’t know what it is yet.
- I make no distinction between what I need and what I want.
- I even shop at thrift stores and regret not buying something even when I could have had it for half-price of practically nothing.
Question: Do you shop at thrift stores? What’s the best deal or item you found there?
Linking to Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color for I Like Thursdays
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?
Caroline at Sew Can She for Show Off Saturday