Santa’s workshop is humming from all the activity. Fabric and thread are everywhere. Come on over and check out what’s going on at:
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Confessions of a Fabric Addict Sarah gives us our next sewing assignment which is just like the others; sewing one final strip set. She promises something different for tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ve got some sewing to catch up on. How about you?
Seams To Be Sew Do you need new ornaments for your tree? Marian shows us how to make some simple ones from fabric. For only a short time spent, you can give your tree a new look this year.
Stitchin at Home Cindy is spreading a little JOY at Christmas time this year. This super cute project just might be on your list to make this year.
Domestic Felicity Anita’s stitching up some Christmas cards on her blog today. Or you could use this cute idea for some really fun gift tags.
Remember to leave comments on each of their 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop posts so you can qualify to win some fabric giveaways of Tula Pink’s new holiday line, Holiday Homies, generously donated by Free Spirit Fabrics!!! You have through July 26th to leave comments.
I posted my 12 Days of Christmas in July post yesterday. Click here if you are looking for it. I showed how to make these two projects pictured below: a stocking and a kid’s mini wreath craft. You will also find a complete listing of all participating blogs on the hop with updated links that will take you directly to their 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop posts once they are published. This might be helpful if you have to go back and comment for the giveaway or look at directions again for all the projects you want to make.
Here’s what I’ve got coming up on Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats this week. Join me on:
- Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 for Tu-Na Quilts: The First Reveal—What’s Inside the Stocking?
- Friday, July 21st, 2017 for Tu-Na Quilts: The Second Stocking Stuffer Reveal—You Mean There’s More?
- Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 for Tu-Na Quilts: The Third Stocking Stuffer Reveal—How Much Can It Hold?
- Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 for Tu-Na Quilts: The Fourth and Final Stocking Stuffers Reveal—Does The Fun Have to End?
What I Learned Today:
- The importance of checking that wordpress is occasionally saving the drafts I write. Yes, I opened this up and only part of the title was there and no way to recover it. So I had to recreate it. I am so thankful this didn’t happen for my 12 Days of Christmas in July post.
- I am overwhelmed and overjoyed by all your kind and positive responses to yesterday’s post about my stocking and wreath. Thank you very much. That post was my most viewed post to date as well as the one with the most comments from readers.
- I will be very busy responding to those comments the next few days.
- Only 10 more days until the 2017 Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop begins. Are you going?
Question: Do your Christmas celebrations require travel plans or do you sit tight, bundled up at home? Since we winter where it’s sunny and warm, we’ll be traveling by plane to spend Christmas in the snow with family. Last year we spent two weeks, including a blizzard on Christmas Day, this year maybe only a week.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts