I’ve always said that spending the winter in Arizona is like going to winter camp for seniors. There’s 92 different clubs and activities offered in our 55+ active adult community and that’s not counting the flu that’s also going around. Tu-Na Helper and I have been busy and enjoying every minute of our time here.
I did spend some time this week mixing things up a bit and produced this cute little block. I thought you’d like to see what I’ve been up to as far as sewing related. No, I have not started a new project. But more about that later.
I changed the pattern a bit. I treated it like paper piecing and not sewed as shown on the pattern for two reasons; I needed it to be facing this direction and I just couldn’t see myself fussing over little pieces of freezer paper. It actually worked amazingly well.
What I Learned Today:
- I’ve been missed. I received 4 emails from my dear readers asking if I was ok since it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Rest assured all is well but I did enjoy knowing that I was missed. There is much fun in the sun around here taking my time.
- The more time lapsed between posts makes sitting down and writing more difficult.
- I need to use my “real” Kitchen-Aid to whip up another lemon meringue pie. The lemons on our tree are ripe! I’ve already made three pies and we’ve had some company.
- Some of those lemons are so big that it only took 1 and 1/2 to make a 1/2 cup of juice.
- There’s no comparison between homemade fresh lemon meringue pie and lemon pie made from a box of lemon pie filling.
- Find another piece of fabric to use for the background in my pictures. I got a new camera for Christmas from my kids and a new light/camera stand from Tu-Na Helper. I’m still learning to use both.
Question: Do you whip things up by whisk, hand mixer, or a fancy stand mixer like the one pictured? I tried whipping cream with a whisk, once. After 30 seconds, I decided it definitely is worth using something that’s a whole lot faster.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
2018 Monthly Color Challenge (January is red) at Patterns by Jen (PB &J)
Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River
Let’s Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts