Welcome to the second block reveal for the Sew Let’s QAL.
This QAL is brought to you by Partners in Design: Where Friends and Fabric Meet.
This block was designed by April Adams of Janda Bend Quilts. You can download the free pattern here on her blog from now until September 24th, 2019. After then, the patterns may not be available anymore. Don’t delay, download them today.
Tips and Tricks to Constructing this Block
You’ll enjoy this easy pattern. But I do have a few tips to make it even easier.
- Check off the pieces as you cut them.
- Lay out all of your pieces on a design board or a tray and take it to your sewing machine.
- I’ve been wanting to try using the alphabet on my sewing machine and this was the perfect block to do so. I fused some interfacing (but embroidery stabilizer would be good) to the back to help stabilize the piece. I also cut the fabric piece half of an inch larger in both directions and then cut to the pattern requirement after I was finished stitching on the lettering.
See These Hosts for More Construction Tips
Look for bi-weekly inspiration from these bloggers.
In addition to those listed above, look for inspiration from these bloggers during:
Segment 1: March 12th to May 21st
Look for bi-weekly inspiration from these bloggers as they turn their blocks into a quilt.
April @ JANDA Bend Quilts — Designer of this block
Join this QAL
You can join in anytime. Every other Tuesday, a new block will be released until all 13 blocks have been released. You can find the full schedule on my post here. This QAL will be divided into three segments. Segment one will consist of 5 blocks.
Share a picture of your block on our Facebook page, or on Instagram with the hashtag #SewLetsQAL. We want to see them. A prize will be awarded at the end of each segment.
Segment 1: March 12th to May 21st
- March 12th – Block 1: Sandra @ Sandra Healy Designs — Find Block One Here
- March 26th – Block 2: April @ JANDA Bend Quilts —Find Block Two Here
- April 9th – Block 3: Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- April 23rd – Block 4: Bobbi @ Snowy Days Quilting
- May 7th – Block 5: Abbie @ Sparkle On! and Segment Project Suggestions
- May 21st – Segment 1 Prize Winner Announced!
Block patterns will be free from the designers and available on their blogs until the date of the Grand Prize announcement September 24th, 2019.
Entering to win the prizes below is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Everyone (You must be 18 to be able to enter to win prizes) gets to participate because International entries are welcome! You do NOT need to have a blog to enter.
- Make all of the 5 blocks in this segment provided to you free of charge for this event. Use your own fabrics and embellish them as you like. If entering the giveaway, the blocks should definitely be recognizable as made from these free patterns. Take one picture with all of them included.
- Post a picture of all of your blocks before 11:59 PM EST, May 20th, 2019 either on the Facebook page, or on Instagram with the hashtag #SewLetsQAL, or on the hosts blog Linky party at the end of each segment. You are welcome to post a picture on each of the sources but it will only count as one entry.
Segment 1 Prizes and Sponsors
- A newly released item from Omnigrid® (a Prym Company)
Large Folding Cutting Kit that includes 18 x 24″ mat, a 3″ x 18″ ruler and a 45 mm rotary cutter
- Timeless Treasures Tonga Treat Strip Jr. “Orchid” -20 pc 2 1/2″ strip pack
- 2 Shabby Fabrics Vintage Blessings printed table runner patterns and a packet of Sunflower laser-cut appliqués (small.)
- One Free PDF pattern (up to $10.00) from each of these “Partners in Design”
You choose what you want to make: A quilt or several smaller projects. This is the only block that will be this large. The rest will be 12.5″ unfinished. We have several hosts who will offer suggestions as to what you can do with your blocks if you don’t want to make a quilt.
Not sure what to do? Just start making the blocks and decide along the way. A grand prize will be offered for a completed quilt top or several projects that use all of the 13 blocks.
I’ll be making several projects for my sewing room. I’ll use all of the blocks in Segment One for one project. Any guesses what it might be?
Don’t Miss Out on My Previous Sew Let’s QAL Posts
Tu-Na Quilts: Sew Let’s QAL – Introduction
Tu-Na Quilts: On Pins and Needles – A look at my fabric selection
What I Learned Today:
- The cacti are starting to bloom! And I was worried that our longer cooler winter temps would delay the blooming until after we migrated north.
- I am drawn to the color purple. It’s been a favorite of mine for a very long time.
Question: What color are you drawn to? I like many colors but purple has a special place in my heart.
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts