You’ve survived Segment 2 of the QAL by the Sea. We’ve gone snorkeling to view fish underwater, enjoyed the night sky at sea, rode some waves, and tried not to get lost. I wonder what segment three will bring.
This QAL is brought to you by Partners in Design: Where Friends and Fabric Meet.
See These Hosts for Segment Two Wrap-Up Posts
Karen @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats — Thanks for stopping by.
Segment 2: Prizes and Sponsors
Thank you to our sponsors for the following prizes for Segment 2!
One U.S. Winner Receives:
- A Fat Quarter fabric bundle of the Island Batik line Cascadia by Claudia Pfeil.
- Quilters Dream Poly batting; a throw size 60” x 60”. Dream Black is a beautiful true black quilt batting that enhances the integrity, richness, and warmth of vivid and dark fabrics and ‘quilts like a dream’.
One International Winner Receives:
- A six month subscription to the e-magazine Make Modern. A magazine for quilters, by quilters, filled with beautiful patterns and articles to inspire quilters like us to make more modern quilts!
- A PDF pattern of your choice up to $10.00 from these designers:
Laura of Slice of Pi Quilts
Sandra of Sandra Healy Designs
Enter to Win Segment Two Prize
Entering to win is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Everyone (You must be 18 to be able to enter to win prizes) gets to participate. There will be two prizes awarded for each segment and for the Grand Prize: U. S. and International. You do NOT need to have a blog to enter.
- Make all four of the blocks in this segment provided to you free of charge for this event. Use your own fabrics and embellish them as you like. If you are entering the giveaway, the blocks should definitely be recognizable as made from these free patterns. Take one picture with all of them included. Finished projects or a quilt are NOT a requirement for entry.
- Post one picture that contains all four of your blocks by 07:59 AM EST, October 13, 2020 on one of the following ways:
- On the Partners in Design Facebook page
- On Instagram with the hashtag #qalbythesea
- On the Linky party below. Click to enter. You do not need to have a blog to enter your picture. Be sure to include US or Abroad along with your name.
- **Be sure to comment if you live in the US or Abroad so we know which entry to put your block in. We will not have a separate Facebook announcement post for you to use this time. Please post in the main channel where you’ve been posting.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join this QAL
You can join in anytime. Find the complete schedule here. This QAL is divided into three segments each containing four blocks with a two week break between segments for a chance to catch up. Blocks are released on Tuesday mornings at 8 am Eastern time until all 12 blocks have been released. The ninth block (one of the two I designed for this QAL) will be released on October 13, 2020.
Find the Blocks Here
- August 4 — Block 1: Becca Fenstermaker @Pretty Piney Quilts —She Sews Seashells by the Seashore
- August 11— Block 2: Jennifer @ The Inquiring Quilter —Terry the Turtle
- August 18 — Block 3: April @ JANDA Bend Quilts — Signal Flag
- August 25 — Block 4: Sherry @ Powered by Quilting — Sun Block
September 8 — Block 5: Sandra @ Sandra Healy Designs — Heads or Tails?
September 15 — Block 6: Bobbi @ Snowy Days Quilting — Stars at Sea
September 22 — Block 7: Laura Piland @Slice of Pi Quilts — Waves
September 29 — Block 8: Kathleen McCormick @ Kathleen McMusing — Mariner’s Compass
Don’t Miss Out on My Previous QAL by the Sea Posts
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 8 — Mariner’s Compass
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 7 — Waves
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 6 — Stars
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 5 — Fish
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Segment 1 Wrap-Up
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 4 — Sun
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 3 — Signal Flags
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 2 — Turtle
Tu-Na Quilts: QAL by the Sea Block 1 — Seashells
Tu-Na Quilts: Announcing the Next Quilt-a-Long with Partners in Design —Introduction and a look at my fabric selection.
What I Learned Today:
- Quilt blocks do not sew themselves. My design wall doesn’t look much different than it did two weeks ago.
- Making meatballs is fun when there is company in the kitchen. I used my largest cookie scoop, rolled the meat into balls, and baked them in the oven.
- My grandson has a good imagination. Yesterday afternoon, we were sitting at the table when the following conversation occurred. “Eek. There’s a giant spider in there!” my grandson worriedly exclaimed as he pointed towards the living room. We rushed to look. It did indeed look like a giant spider. Funny thing-it disappeared when the sun went behind the clouds. It kept disappearing and reappearing all afternoon.
Question: Do you have ideas on how you will layout your sea quilt? I’ve got ideas but the question is will I have time to put it all into motion before we head south in a few weeks. I guess, time will tell.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to read more about me click here. If you don’t want to miss any blocks for the QAL by the Sea, please consider following me by email, Bloglovin or WordPress; just subscribe using one those options found in the sidebar (or below on a mobile device) on this blog, Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
At this time, I am not affiliated with any of the items, products, services, or shops that I picture or talk about here on Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats. I just happen to like and use them.
©2020 Karen Thurn Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
I am enjoying this journey with you all. I haven’t made a block yet, but hope to in October. Fall is such a busy time. I enjoy the visit.
how funny about the spider – I hate those things!
Thanks for mentioning baking meat balls – I used to do that and then started to purchase bags of them and I kind of forgot how easy it was to make up a large amount of meatballs with the cookie scoop and put them on the grill pan in the oven
Pingback: “QAL By the Sea” Segment 2 Wrap Up! | Sparkle On!