Yes, lets’ talk about that elephant quilt lurking in my closet. I’m making it for my best friend’s granddaughter who already celebrated her first birthday in November. So it’s officially not a baby quilt anymore. And I’m officially very late with it.
Everyone (well, at least the blogs that I follow) talks about their one monthly goals and up to now I figured I didn’t need to set myself one goal a month. But after last year, I do need an incentive or something to help me move some projects along. So I figured I’d join the party.
I started this quilt last spring. You can read about the exciting birth of that baby elephant here as Dr. Tu-Na was present in the delivery (sewing) room. I posted about this quilt’s progress here in Let’s Make Elephants, and here in We Have an Elephant Parade, and here in Progress on She Has Her Mommy’s Nose.
I’ll post about my progress on this Elephant at the end of the month or sooner if I actually get it done. Yes, completely done: pieced, sandwiched, quilted, bound, and in the mail.
What I Learned Today:
- There are 25 days left in January. I better not wait until the last week to work on this project.
- It gets cold in North Dakota in the winter. We braved the cold temps and spent the holidays with our family in North Dakota. The coldest it got was -28°F with at least two days of never getting above 0°.
- My plants in the sunroom don’t like the cold. The dieffenbachia froze.
- It’s time to bring on the heat and head back to Arizona.
- I’m thinking an Arizona Family Christmas next year just might be perfect.
Question: What project do you have that’s been hiding in the closet? Oh, I have others that will hopefully make their appearances this year but this is the one that really needs to get done so someone cute and little can snuggle with it.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts
Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts
Moving It Forward at Em’s Scrapbag
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River