I woke up early this morning. After this busy week of visiting 6 sewing/quilting rooms, many committee meetings, a full-day of sewing with my quilting group, a quilting group meeting, and fabric shopping at an incognito shop; that is a feat in itself!
Upon checking my email, I noticed a lot of new comments for my table topper that I posted about here.
Then I saw that I had made the Friday Spotlight on the SewCanShe Blog. This is exiting! It’s the first time for me. You can find Caroline’s post on the SewCanShe blog here. (Update: The pattern is Less Than Traditional, Flowers and More Flowers Book #3, Fun Projects by Charlie, from Quilters Haven. You can find the info here. Be sure to order the Starter Set, too).
What I Learned Today:
- Getting up early makes for a very long day; a nap will be in my future.
- My quilting group has been playing around with slogans for our fundraising campaign. So far we’ve come up with Fiber Arts Fun: Learn Something New Every Day, and Fiber Arts: United We Create (fits nicely since the quilting and knitting groups will come together on this project). What do you think? Which one do you like? Do you have other ideas? You can read more about this venture here.
- Tu-Na Helper has a sense of humor. He says that my blog is overheating.
- It’s going to be a warm day today; it’s already 75° and not even 10AM yet. I love it.
- There is a reason this place I live in is called the desert. We didn’t get the winter rains so we’re now in a drought and it’s starting to heat up. By Tuesday, the high will be 98°.
- No, I will not be heading to my summer home yet. It’s still snowing and cold there.
Question: Have you been featured on the Friday Spotlight on SewCanShe? If so put your link to your featured project in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
Main Crush Monday on Cooking Up Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? on Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts