A New Quilting Mystery Revealed:
It’s time to plan our great escape. Starting Tuesday, July 6th at 8 AM, the first block for this destination themed Quilt-a-Long will be revealed. Where will you go?
Yes, the designers in Partners in Design are back and have a full line-up of free, exciting, places to go and things to do that fit on a 12.5″ block.
- Sandy Maxfield @ Sandy Star Designs
- April Adams @ JANDA Bend Quilts
- Abbie Danahy @ Sparkle On!
- Jennifer Fulton @ The Inquiring Quilter
- Kathleen McCormick @ Kathleen McMusing
- Karen Thurn @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
- Laura Piland @Slice of Pi Quilts
- Becca Fenstermaker @Pretty Piney Quilts
- Sherry Shish @ Powered by Quilting
- Bobbi Bridgeman@ Snowy Days Quilting
We’ll be starting on Tuesday, July 6th at 8 AM EST and follow the schedule below until all 12 blocks are released.
Block patterns will be free from the designers and available on their blog until November 16th at 8 am Eastern time.
Segment 1: July 6, 2021 to August 10
- July 6 — Block 1: Sandy Maxfield @ Sandy Star Designs Find Block One There
- July 13— Block 2: April Adams @ JANDA Bend Quilts —Find Block Two There
- July 20 — Block 3: Abbie Danahy @ Sparkle On! — Find Block Three There
- July 27 — Block 4: Jennifer Fulton @ The Inquiring Quilter — Find Block Four There
- July 27 — Segment 1 Wrap-up and linky provided for prize entry
- August 10th 7:59 am Eastern time — Deadline to enter picture for Segment 1 Prize
- August 10: Segment 1 Prize Winner Announced
Segment 2: August 10 to September 14
- August 10 – Block 5: Kathleen McCormick @ Kathleen McMusing — Find Block Five There
- August 17 – Block 6: Jennifer Fulton @ The Inquiring Quilter — Find Block Six There
- August 24 – Block 7: Kathleen McCormick @ Kathleen McMusing AND Karen Thurn @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats — Find Block Seven on both blogs
- August 31– Block 8: Laura Piland @Slice of Pi Quilts — Find Block Eight There
- August 31– Segment 2 Wrap-up and linky provided for prize entry
- September 14th 7:59 am Eastern time — Deadline to enter picture for Segment 2 Prize
- September 14 – Segment 2 Prize Winner Announced
Segment 3: September 14 to October 19
- September 14 – Block 9: Karen Thurn @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats — Find Block Nine There
- September 21 – Block 10: Becca Fenstermaker @ Pretty Piney Quilts — Find Block Ten There
- September 28 – Block 11: Sherry Shish @ Powered by Quilting — Find Block Eleven There
- October 5 – Block 12: Bobbi Bridgeman @ Snowy Days Quilting — Find Block Twelve There
- October 5 — Segment 3 Wrap-up and linky provided for segment prize and linky provided for Grand Prize
- October 19th 7:59 am Eastern time — Deadline to enter picture for Segment 3 Prize
- October 19th – Segment 3 Winner Announced
- Deadline is November 16th at 7:59 am Eastern time
- November 16th Grand Prize Winner Announced
Learn from Each Other and from the Hosts/Designers
The hosts/designers will post construction tips and techniques. Be sure to visit their blogs.
When you finish a block, share it on our Facebook group or post a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #DestinationQAL. We enjoy seeing and commenting on each person’s finished blocks. See below to find out how to enter to win awesome prizes.
To enter for prizes:
Everyone age 18 and over living in any country are eligible for winning.
Segment Prizes: Participants can enter the prize drawing by sharing a single photo with all the completed blocks from that segment blocks Facebook on the Partners in Design page, Instagram using #DestinationQAL, or on any of the hosts blog linky party at the end of each segment in the wrap-up post.
Grand Prize: Share one photo showing all 12 of your completed blocks, as above. Note: They do not need to be sewn into a finished quilt top.
Please note: To qualify for an entry for the Grand Prize or the segment prizes, please make the blocks using the designer’s pattern. You may embellish and personalize them but your block should still be recognizable as sewn from the given patterns. Substitutions are not counted as an entry. For example if you decide to sew a pattern found elsewhere for one of the blocks, it will not qualify you for an entry for the prizes in that particular segment or for the grand prize. You can still do it the way you want but to be included in the prize drawings, you’ll have to follow the rules.
We Couldn’t Do This Without These Wonderful Prize Sponsors!
An online quilt magazine written by quilters for quilters.
Online Quilt Magazine
Packed full of hints, how to’s, projects and more.
Island Batik Fabrics
Island Batik’s mission is to share the ancient cultural art of batik and hand-dyed fabric with our many valued customers around the world.
Quilter’s Dream Batting
Only the highest grade of fibers and the best processing technology to bring our customers the finest batting possible.
PDF patterns from some of our Partner in Design designers.
Let’s Get Started
Gather your fabrics and meet me on July 6th at 8 am Eastern time for the first block. I’ve already selected my fabrics. I’ve bought a few new fabrics but will use a lot from my stash.
Since we’re going places on our quilt along, I’ll use some of my fun landscape fatquarters in each of the blocks like the one below.
I’ve got sky fabric because I’m hoping we go to bright happy places.
I just received a shipment of solid fabrics and will use some of them in these blocks.
What I Learned Today:
- Covid let the air out of my sails. I didn’t get it because I was careful and followed the rules. But it was hard not to go shopping and see museums that I usually get to do.
- I haven’t completely been silent for a year. I’ve been posting a bit on Instagram @tunaquilts. Come on over to see what I’ve been up to.
- I’m looking forward to sewing and posting on my blog again.
- Look what I found waiting for me on my design wall when I got back from Arizona three weeks ago. I wasn’t able to finish it before I left in October because I had hurt my wrist.
Question: If things are opening up where you live, where are you planning to travel and what are you planning to do? Tu-Na Helper and I are driving to Michigan to visit see our kids and grandkids. Not all of them can make it, but those of us who can will enjoy our Kamp K’Zoo. We haven’t seen some of them since Christmas 2019! The rate the grandkids have grown, we may not recognize them.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts